Sunday, February 17, 2008

Going From Thesis To Draft

I have read of the difficulties that my fellow classmates have faced in creating the thesis statements. In my opinion, initially formulating the thesis statement was the easy part. It was much more difficult to take the original thesis and create a concrete topic sentence driven draft. It required some minor changes, but overall I think my ideas were successful. I was just wondering if anyone chose to write on Mark Strand's "Keeping Things Whole?" It would be interesting to know your take on the poem. If not, it is a great poem- simple in form, but full of intense meaning.

1 comment:

Kelly Flannery said...

It's always hard to come up with a thesis. But after we got a few work sheets on how to write a good thesis where we could fill in the blanks with our own topic i feel like i can write a good thesis now. Once you understand your topic and have a good idea about what you are going to write the thesis will just work itself out.