Friday, May 2, 2008

Literary Event: Great American Sidewalk Novel

I went to the Great American Sidewalk Novel yesterday. The theme was a prehistoric sci fi alien story, I think.

The writing itself was interesting to look at. There were many different fonts and colors. Some of the writing was written circularly, or zig zaggy rather than left to right. Some pictures were interspersed, the two I noticed were of an elephant and a robot.

At the time I looked at it, there were 17 “chapters”. I didn’t have time to look at all of them in depth but from what I saw, it reminded me of Mad Libs. The chapters seemed to be irrelevant from one to the next. One of the chapters had something to do with the trix rabbit. The first one had something to do with Authority as a character. I remember a quote from the paragraph said “Education isn’t for the educated but for those who had enough to pay for it.” Throughout the novel pizza came up a few times and elephants, robots, and so on.

I wish that I had the time to participate in it. I certainly will next year. It looked like a lot of fun and a great way to express yourself. Thanks to the rain, its all gone now :(

But there’s my literary event.

No comments: